Message Board

Newbie/Basic Questions

Older Posts ]   [ Newer Posts ]
 IP address sending SPAM
Author: G.OKEEFFE   (14 May 16 2:29am)
Hi,

I was first referred to this site by a web page that informed me my IP address was listed as sending spam. This is what I see when I check my IP address on this site.

"The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address consistent with that of a mail server and dictionary attacker."

But I cannot find any reason why this might be true. Following the links on this site I found http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=103.240.240.254

Which gives the exact time of the the last spam activity

"Your IP was observed making connections to TCP/IP IP address 38.102.150.27 (a conficker sinkhole) with a destination port 80, source port (for this detection) of 13986 at exactly 2016-05-14 06:11:20 (UTC)."

After monitoring this for a week, I can now be certain that this activity occurs when all the computers/phones on my home wifi are disconnected. I changed the wifi password. I changes the router password. So I know none of my devices were connected at "exactly 2016-05-14 06:11:20 (UTC)"

My IP address is or should be dynamic, but it never changed in the last week or more.

So what do I do next? Ignore the fact that spam is apparently being sent from my IP at three or four hour intervals? Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks,

Garvan

Post Edited (14 May 16 2:43am)

do not follow this link

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | About Project Honey Pot | FAQ | Cloudflare Site Protection | Contact Us

Copyright © 2004–17, Unspam Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

contact | wiki | email