Message Board

Newbie/Basic Questions

Older Posts ]   [ Newer Posts ]
 Are some IP's 'protected' from inspection on Project Honey Pot?
Author: B.Abreu   (20 Dec 16 5:01pm)
I've been trying to inspect this IP 173.65.4.83 all day on this site and getting bad gateway or 'is redirecting in a way that will never complete' errors before trying multiple other IP's and realizing that only this specific IP is not allowing me to inspect it. I'm curious because it seems to be verizon or fios. We use Global Capacity now (who purchased account from Megapath) and I know that Verizon/FiOs are the guys who service the box out in the street up to the building which made me wonder if they are somehow preventing the IP from being inspected? Seems odd but whatever that IP is it was crawling directories I specifically had disallowed.

Post Edited (20 Dec 16 5:03pm)

Re: Are some IP's 'protected' from inspection on Project Honey Pot?
Author: H.User1325   (20 Dec 16 7:50pm)
No 'some IP's are not protected.'
Yes, there has been a problem getting to projecthoneypot.org for several days, see a similar thread under Bugs & Development..
Being on the outside looking in, I don't know what the problem has been. Given the objectives of PHP it could be a DOS/DDOS attack; broken server, who knows.

Re: Are some IP's 'protected' from inspection on Project Honey Pot?
Author: B.Abreu   (20 Dec 16 10:16pm)
Thanks. That was my first thought but it seemed odd that I could check other IP's but not that one. I'll look for the thread.

do not follow this link

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | About Project Honey Pot | FAQ | Cloudflare Site Protection | Contact Us

Copyright © 2004–17, Unspam Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

contact | wiki | email