Message Board

Newbie/Basic Questions

Older Posts ]   [ Newer Posts ]
 403 Error on my website
Author: T.Stuve   (4 Sep 13 12:19pm)
Hi,

I (and everyone else, it seems) am getting a 403 Error when trying to access my website, with the following information:

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for / on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.

Your technical support key is: 323e-2141-2b02-1b1f

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact xxxxxxxx and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

When I follow the links to your website, I get this message:

50.62.33.xxx

The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address consistent with that of a comment spammer. Below we've reported some other data associated with this IP. This interrelated data helps map spammers' networks and aids in law enforcement efforts. If you know something about this IP, please leave a comment.

I can't whitelist myself because I cannot login to that IP address as it is hosted at GoDaddy. Is this really caused by spam or an error in configuration. Seems the problem may have started when I updated some plugins on July 5.

Thanks

Re: 403 Error on my website
Author: H.User1325   (5 Sep 13 9:00am)
I understand you desire to not expose your domain name or IP address here, however using "it", "that", "this" makes it hard to follow which message is addressing which IP address. If you would use instead <myDomain> <myISP> or something it would help others follow your train of though.

Have you contacted xxxxxxxx and provided the technical support key? Project Honey Pot did not issue a technical support key when you tried to access your domain(?)

Where did you get the links you followed to "your website"? I don't see any links in any of the messages you provided.

If "everyone else" is receiving a 403 code response when trying to access your domain, you need to check with host. Obviously "everyone" is not a comment spammer.

Are you trying to access a simple html web page (http://www.DomainName/index.html), or a scripted web page (http://www.DomainName/index.php)?

Are you accessing a simple web page or a bulletin board/blog/chat room that could be checking for comment spammers?

Have you paid you bill at your host?

do not follow this link

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | About Project Honey Pot | FAQ | Cloudflare Site Protection | Contact Us

Copyright © 2004–17, Unspam Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

contact | wiki | email