Message Board

Newbie/Basic Questions

Older Posts ]   [ Newer Posts ]
 How To Report
Author: R.Burden   (30 Apr 13 2:58am)
Hello,

I just installed the Honey Pot mod on my SMF based Forums a couple of days ago, and i have to say i LOVE IT!!!

It has turned a flood of over 200 of these spamming parasitic low lifes a day, into a small dribble of half a dozen or so getting past the system a day.

What i would like to know is how do i report the parasites to you that get past the system and are able to register, and / or post on my forums?

At this stage, i have been doing an IP search, and clicking the leave comment button, and putting the information in there, but i want to make sure i am doing it the right way, or if there is a better way to do it, etc?

Thank you for the awesome work this site does! When i get back to work again (off on compo at the moment on reduced wages, down to 60% of my wage), i will definitely be making a donation!

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer with my question.

Thank you

Rick

Re: How To Report
Author: R.Burden   (2 May 13 1:51am)
Can anyone help with this at all please?

Author: H.User1325   (2 May 13 7:47am)
Your IP look-up and commenting is the way to report to Honey Pot. The HP data base consist of data obtained from honey pots installed on domains all over the world. It is kind of a self reporting system. If the links are followed, the email address collected, and email sent - entries are added to the data base. To keep the data base "clean" that is the process.

Others have chosen other criteria. For example, Stop Forum Spam, http://www.stopforumspam.com/ collects data based on user input IF the forum has a confirmed email address.

Author: R.Burden   (2 May 13 2:27pm)
Excellent, thank you for that, i appreciate it.

do not follow this link

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | About Project Honey Pot | FAQ | Cloudflare Site Protection | Contact Us

Copyright © 2004–17, Unspam Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

contact | wiki | email